Radeon R7 240 GPU Lockup, Ring 0 Stalled

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Fri Jul 4 01:27:03 PDT 2014

Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> Is this a regression?

Well, I'm not sure. I bought this gpu yesterday, because my old one
died, so I'm new with this card.

>  If so, can you bisect?  If not, you might try an updated version of
> mesa

I'm running git from yesterday of mesa.

> try changing options in the game to narrow down what's causing the
> problem.

Yeah, I can try that, but is there anyway I can avoid shutting down the
computer when this happens? Is there any way to somehow reset the gpu
and start xorg again after this happens? Does it help if I compile the
radeon module as a kernel module, so that I can rmmod it?

I also notice some slight screen corruption every now and then (some
characters being garbled up), but I guess I should write a new mail on
this issue.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m