mixer_check_mode drops Exynos5 display modes

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Tue Jul 8 06:59:16 PDT 2014

Hi Sean,

While looking at the following commit I noticed something:

commit f041b257a8997c8472a1013e9f252c3e2a1d879e
Author: Sean Paul <seanpaul at chromium.org>
Date:   Thu Jan 30 16:19:15 2014 -0500

    drm/exynos: Remove exynos_drm_hdmi shim

This commit changes how mixer_check_mode() is used. It used to just
exclude certain modes on old mixer versions, but now it seems to be
called unconditionally, for all mixer versions. I guess the effect
here is that some modes on exynos5 setups are dropped whereas they
weren't before. Is that intentional?

Thanks
Daniel