linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-intel-fixes tree

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Jun 5 19:03:15 PDT 2014

Hi all,

After merging the drm-intel-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_fbdev.c: In function 'intel_fb_initial_config':
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_fbdev.c:392:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'drm_get_connector_name' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    DRM_DEBUG_KMS("using first mode listed on connector %s\n",
    ^

This is just the error I reported yesterday against the drm and
drm-intel trees, but migrated to the drm-intel-fixes tree.  Your -fixes
tree shoudl really only contain stuff that depend on Linus' trees ...
but here it include all of yesterday's drm tree as well.

I have used the drm-intel-fixes tree from next-20140605 for today.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au