HDCP compliance of Linux Intel HD graphics drivers

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Mar 14 08:19:07 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Subodh Chiwate <subodh.austin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a system with following configuration.
>
> 1) I need help in finding if the Linux drivers support HDCP. I need HDCP
> enabled.
> 2) Any information regarding understanding graphics drivers overview in
> linux environments is
>     welcome.
> 3) any suggestion to test/debug HDCP compliance of linux drivers.

Short answer is "no, the open source driver doesn't support hdcp". The
long answer could be different if your a big enough Intel customer,
but for that you need to poke the relevant sales people at OTC
directly. As-is we're also not allowed to publish the relevant docs,
so can't help you out really.
-Daniel

> System Specs:
>
> Fedora18/ Debian7.4 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QE CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD
> Graphics 4000
>
> -- lsmod :
>
> i915
> crc32c_intel
> i2c_algo_bit
> drm_kms_helper
> ghash_clmulni_intel
> drm                   i915,drm_kms_helper
> i2c_core            drm,i915,i2c_i801,drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit
> video                 i915
>
> -- libva installed on machine
>
> [ufouser at localhost ~]$ yum list installed | grep libva
> libva.x86_64                            1.1.1-2.fc18
> @updates
> libva-devel.x86_64                      1.1.1-2.fc18
> @updates
> libva-intel-driver.x86_64               1.0.20-1.fc18
> @rpmfusion-free-updates
> libva-utils.x86_64                      1.1.1-2.fc18
> @updates
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Regards