OMAPDSS: omap5 SYNC_LOST error with DPI/LCD

Patil, Vikash Vikash.Patil at harman.com
Fri May 9 01:37:48 PDT 2014

Hi Archit,

With CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_MIN_FCK_PER_PCK to 4, mode becomes invalid and can't launch kmscube.

[    0.847015] [drm:omap_connector_mode_valid], connector: mode invalid: 14:"1280x480" 60 40500 1280 1350 1365 1366 480 491 492 494 0x48 0x0
[    0.847045] [drm:drm_mode_debug_printmodeline], Modeline 14:"1280x480" 60 40500 1280 1350 1365 1366 480 491 492 494 0x48 0x0
[    0.847045] [drm:drm_mode_prune_invalid], Not using 1280x480 mode -2
[    0.847076] No connectors reported connected with modes

>From the logs, one thing which looks like a problem is that the DPI
>driver isn't using a DSI PLL to generate a pixel clock of 40.5 Mhz for
>the 1280x480 panel

Is this because CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_DSI is not set? Not sure this also needs to enable as I am using 3.4.25 kernel.

Is there any dependencies with TDF19988 (HDMI converter)? Like missing support or driver?

Regards,
Vikash