[pull] radeon drm-fixes-3.15

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Mon May 19 01:49:58 PDT 2014

Am 19.05.2014 01:04, schrieb Dave Airlie:
> On 16 May 2014 23:54, Christian König <christian.koenig at amd.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> this is the next pull quested for stashed up radeon fixes for 3.15.
>>
>> Highlights are:
>> 1. Avoid sending SIGBUS on CPU access just because kernel can't handle
>> buffer placement.
>> 2. Some fixes for VM page table updates and buffer placements.
>> 3. Fixing two typos in the PLL and SI register spec.
>> 4. Checking VCE buffers ranges.
>> 5. Adding a mutex for I2C access.
>> 6. Mullins and non-VGA pci class fixes from Alex.
> This is starting to feel a bit large, we should be in regression
> fixing, oopses and black screens at this point,
>
> The main ones I'm concerned about are the VCE buffer ranges and i2c
> mutex, whether these fix known problems or issues,

For the VCE buffer range checks that fixed a lockup I experienced while
working on the userspace driver (VCE writing over the end of a buffer
into an shader, GPU then trying to execute the messed up shader
code...). Apart from that VCE is a new feature for 3.15 so we can't
really break it compared to 3.14.

I can't judge on the I2C mutex since that was Alex suggestion and I'm
not sure how invasive and/or necessary this is.

Regards,
Christian.