[pull] radeon drm-fixes-3.15

Malte Schröder maltesch at gmx.de
Mon May 26 00:12:32 PDT 2014

On 20.05.2014 15:14, Christian König wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> by your request I've removed Alex's I2C mutex patch from the branch. I
> would like to keep the VCE patch, cause it actually fixed a serious bug
> for me, but I've fixed the formal error of the missing Signed-off-by line.
>
> Additional to that we have two new fixes from Jerome and Alex, both are
> CC stable as well so important enough for 3.15.
>
> So this is the resend pull of stashed up radeon fixes for 3.15.
> Highlights are:
> 1. Avoid sending SIGBUS on CPU access just because kernel can't handle
> buffer placement.
> 2. Some fixes for VM page table updates and buffer placements.
> 3. Fixing two typos in the PLL and SI register spec.
> 4. Checking VCE buffers ranges.
> 5. Mullins and non-VGA pci class fixes.
> 6. A PX power management fix.
> 7. Fix for a crash if acceleration fails to initialize.
>
> The following changes since commit
> 4ba4801d73d14690ed15774424e8b1d4c18323a5:
>
>   Merge tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2014-05-16' of
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel into drm-fixes (2014-05-20
> 09:56:26 +1000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>

>   git://people.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/linux drm-fixes-3.15
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 4f2f203976964e267dc477de6648bdb3acd2b74b:
>
>   drm/radeon/pm: don't allow debugfs/sysfs access when PX card is off
> (v2) (2014-05-20 14:42:08 +0200)

I've pulled above and it fixes a suspend to RAM issue I've been seeing
in 3.15-rc. Short description of the problem:

On wakeup all seems fine, i.e. hd starts to spin an USB-stuff wakes up.
But all I get from the graphics card is a white screen slowly filling
with random colored pixels. I had to hard reset the system.

GMane seems to be broken currently so I can't post  a link to my
original report.

Regards
Malte