-next plans/status

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 3 02:56:31 PST 2014

Hi Dave,

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 08:29:24 +1000
Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> So since -rc5/6 cutoff last merge windows was so successful from my
> POV, I think I'll keep trucking with the idea.
>
> Things I have on my radar for this window, outside normal driver pull requests:
>
> a) rockchip drm - this needs IOMMU driver merged first so I can even
> compile it, on hold but shouldn't be a problem if the iommu driver
> gets merged somewhere first.
>
> b) atmel hlcdc - where are we on the precursor patches for this?

What do you mean by "precursor patches" ?

If by precursor patches you mean the dependencies of the DRM driver,
here is a quick status:

- The atmel-hlcdc [1] MFD driver has been taken by Lee Jones
- My series reworking the flip-work infrastructure [2] has been acked by
  Rob and is waiting for you (I guess I should rebase it on
  3.18-rcX or drm-next) ;-)
- My series sharing video bus format definitions between the V4L2 and
  DRM subsystems [3] is still being discussed. AFAICT, the only blocking
  point is that we need a documentation describing the available
  formats and we don't know which format to use (DocBook or txt) and
  where this documentation should be stored.

Regarding the driver itself, I still have to address Nicolas' (Ferre)
comments, and Thierry (Reding) was concerned by the proposed DT
binding (don't know if it's still the case).

Anyway, I really expect this driver to merged in 3.19 so let me know if
you see other blocking issues...

Best Regards,

Boris

[1]https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/396808/