[radeonsi, regression, bisected] All my Steam games fail to load into the 3D-engine-powered part (SIGPWR and SIGXCPU)

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 02:41:06 PST 2014

Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> Kai Wasserbäch wrote on 15.11.2014 22:22:
>> Kai Wasserbäch wrote on 15.11.2014 16:33:
>>> Is there anything besides a bisect you would need to debug this?
>>
>> Ok, I did a bisection, but that time was wasted for sure. My "first
>> bad commit" isn't bad at all. Is there any way to improve that
>> experience? I'm really loathe to go through the dozen boots again,
>> just to get another broken bisection.
>
> Ok, after looking at the changes for radeon I decided to try the HEAD
> of drm-next-3.19 (c81b99423bd9d3fc35ac8752ca5fb4c50eab063c). That was
> still good. Armed with this much smaller bisection range, I came up
> with a result that sounds at least believable:
> 3cd76f3901e73a4a61d78c4526dcbf6d87c9a928 is the first bad commit
> commit 3cd76f3901e73a4a61d78c4526dcbf6d87c9a928 Author: Christian
> König <christian.koenig at amd.com> Date:   Mon Oct 13 12:41:47 2014
> +0200
>
> drm/radeon: update the VM after setting BO address (v2)

Yes, that seems to be it for me also - but just to confuse things I've
been running with that for several weeks without incident, so something
brought in from the recent merges/a new patch doesn't play nicely with it.

If you wanted to test you could get back to how drm-next-3.19-wip was
last week by

git reset --hard 3.18.0-rc2-gc76c717

and you can see it's there with git log about 6/7 commits down.