[GIT PULL] drm: Miscellaneous fixes for v3.19-rc1

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Sun Nov 16 06:47:31 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 01:50:33PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Sorry for the dupe, sending with the list in Cc this time.
>
> The following changes since commit f114040e3ea6e07372334ade75d1ee0775c355e1:
>
>   Linux 3.18-rc1 (2014-10-19 18:08:38 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://people.freedesktop.org/~tagr/linux tags/drm/fixes/for-3.19-rc1
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 37d74578d819b1798dd2cff724438e345d118980:
>
>   video/hdmi: Relicense header under MIT license (2014-11-13 10:44:42 +0100)
>
> Thanks,
> Thierry

> drm: Miscellaneous fixes for v3.19-rc1
>
> This is a small collection of fixes that I've been carrying around for a
> while now. Many of these have been posted and reviewed or acked. The few
> that haven't I deemed too trivial to bother.

> Thierry Reding (8):
>       drm: Use size_t for blob property sizes
>       drm: Use const data when creating blob properties
>       drm/gem: Fix typo in kerneldoc
>       drm/prime: Use unsigned type for number of pages
>       drm: Implement drm_get_pci_dev() dummy for !PCI
>       drm: Make drm_mode_create_tv_properties() signature consistent
>       drm/gma500: mdfld: Reuse video/mipi_display.h
>       video/hdmi: Relicense header under MIT license

Obligatory process bikeshed: Most of these patches doen't seem to have
shown up on dri-devel nor gotten review. Yeah it's just simple stuff here
but imo we have a well-working review culture around in the drm community,
so reposting the entire pile and pinging the usual suspects on #dri-devel
isn't a lot of fuzz really.

In my opinion doing the review dance even for simple stuff is a great way
to build up a working review culture - barriers are much lower for newbies
to do a bit of review if the patch is fairly trivial. And for drm features
written by Intel folks I try hard to get review or at least feedback from
non-Intel people here. Of course that should go both ways and I'd be happy
to chase down people from my team to do some review when needed.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation