GTT explanation request

Адонай Элохим algonkvel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:44:41 PDT 2014

I was told to post it here to remind Michel about it ^^"

>Hi Michel...
>
>I'm tinkering around in radeon DRM code as a hobby so if you have a
couple of minutes, could you explain, how GTT works for Radeon module?
I've seen mentions of it here and there on the Internet, and tried to
ping developers on IRC, but the overall picture is still unreachable
for me.

>I also looked through the code in radeon_object.c, radeon_ttm.c and
radeon_gem.c. In my mind, the GEM and the TTM do the same thing, so
why is there a need for GEM and TTM coupled?..