[REGRESSION] i915: failure to see Dell 30" monitor connected to a Lenovo Haswell docking station

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Tue Sep 2 06:13:52 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 09:23:16PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Interesting, I have the same combo of hw available on my desk at work,
> but it might be a couple of days before I can get to the office to
> debug it,
>
> can you boot with drm.debug=6 and get me the dmesg?

I'll do that when I get home.  In the meantime, here's an additional
data point.  At work, I have the same model docking station connected
to a 2011 Dell 2410f Rev A04 (max resolution 1920x1200, and I suspect
not DP 1.2 capable; at least, it doesn't mention DP in monitor menu)
--- and connecting through the docking station, it does work
(connecting through either DVI or DisplayPort).

Here's the drm.debug=6 connecting to the docking station via DVI.  I
can get a drm.debug=6 connecting via the DP and the docking station if
that would be helpful.  Similarly, if you want, I can also try to get
a debug run connecting to the HP ZRW30 monitor (either direct or via
the docking station), since that's the monitor on the walkstation.  :-)

Cheers,

						- Ted