Radeon R7 240 Garbled Text

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Wed Sep 3 06:42:47 PDT 2014

I just wanted to provide a note on this issue.

I saw lots of text getting garbled up all the time on the Radeon R7
240. It was certain letters that just got all messed up all the
time. When I minimized the window and maximized it again or entered the
tty and back again, it was gone.

Anyways, by chance, I got a new card, a R9 270x, which I almost never
see it. I think I've seen the screen corruption two times the last
month, while on the last card, I saw it like 20 times a day.

Other than that, I experience here that the Xonotic game takes down the
whole Xorg server, something that never happened on the last card, but
I'll request help on that in another mail.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m