Is CIRRUS a suitable driver to convert to atomic mode-setting

John Hunter zhjwpku at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:57:53 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,
Sorry to disturb you, I realized you are a busy man of the community.
So I did some work before I email you.

I submit my proposal as you suggest, convert the two virtual driver (CIRRUS
and BOCHS, if I remember it right) to atomic mode-setting.

After talked with Martin Peres(the administrator of xorg on gsoc) and
Gerd Hoffmann (the author of VirtIO gpu driver), we got this question,
is CIRRUS suitable to convert, as qemu using cirrus considered harmful.

--
Best regards
Junwang Zhao