[REGRESSION] Re: i915 driver crashes on T540p if docking station attached

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Aug 3 08:27:29 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:50:29AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 04:40:02PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > I have 4 patches in git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm fixes-stuff
> > but I couldn't test them yet since no dp mst here and I didn't find
> > anything that would ship faster than 1-2 weeks yet. I'll try to get some
> > other people here to test it meanwhile too.
>
> I've tried pulling in your patches from fixes-stuff, onto Linus's tree
> (without Linus's fix), and the good news is that I'm no longer
> crashing on boot.
>
> The *bad* news is that (a) it breaks the external monitor attached to
> the docking station completely (this was working with Linus's patch),
> and (b) it's triggering a LOCKDEP failure.
>
> So even though Linus's patch wasn't supposed to work, I think I'm
> going to back to it....

Ok I updated fixes-stuff with just 2 patches which seem to be enough to
fix it. Plus a patch to convert Linus' hack into something we can keep
plus a drive-by WARNING fix in mst that got in the way for me.

Seems to work here in getting rid of the Oops. If this tests out for you
too I'll send a pull to Linus.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter