[REGRESSION] Re: i915 driver crashes on T540p if docking station attached

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Mon Aug 3 11:49:52 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 10:24:53AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I've just tried pulling in your updated fixes-stuff, and it avoids the
> > oops and allows external the monitor to work correctly.
>
> Good. Have either of you tested the suspend/resume behavior? Is that fixed too?

No, I haven't had a chance to test the suspend/resume behavior,
because that requires suspending at work, going home, and connecting
to a dock which has a different monitor attached to it, and resuming
(or vice versa of suspending at home and then resuming at work).

So it's a bit trickier for me to test.  It's also not a regression,
and the workaround of rebooting is annoying, but I've lived with it
for several releases now, but I'll try the two patches/changes that
folks had suggested hopefully later this week.

						- Ted