[PATCH 01/12] drm/amdgpu: add amd_gnb_bus support
felix.kuehling at amd.com
Fri Aug 7 13:03:08 PDT 2015
On 15-08-07 02:24 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> Like I say this just sounds like exactly the sort of thing we handle
> with an MFD, it's a very common pattern.
OK, the MFD documentation in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/
seemed to imply a dependency on a devicetree. It took me a moment to
realize that's just the most common scenario.
In our case we don't have a devicetree, we're talking about a PC
platform. The GPU (GNB) is a PCIe device. Does the following sound like
proper use of the MFD framework for our case?
1. GPU driver gets initialized, detects a GPU with audio co-processor (ACP)
2. GPU driver registers mfd_cell for the ACP device using
* It's not really hot-plug, but the mem_base, irq_base, irq_domain
parameters don't make sense for us
3. Platform_data in the MFD cell contains audio driver-specific data,
function pointers, etc. for the audio driver to use
4. Audio driver binds to platform device created by
mfd_add_hotplug_devices based on driver name
Or do we have to convert our GPU device to be an MFD cell itself, a peer
of the ACP cell?
F e l i x K u e h l i n g
SMTS Software Development Engineer | Vertical Workstation/Compute
1 Commerce Valley Dr. East, Markham, ON L3T 7X6 Canada
_ _ _ _____ _____
/ \ | \ / | | _ \ \ _ |
/ A \ | \M/ | | |D) ) /|_| |
/_/ \_\ |_| |_| |_____/ |__/ \| facebook.com/AMD | amd.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dri-devel