[pull] radeon and amdgpu drm-fixes-4.2

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:10:49 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dave is on vacation at the moment, so please pull these fixes directly.
>> Just a few minor things for 4.2:
>
> So I've pulled this, but I'm noticing a very alarming pattern in your
> pull requests: the commits are clearly generated just before the
> request, and have presumably had basically no testing at all. S
>
> Gaah. I should have marked some of my longer emails on best git
> practices. Maybe somebody else bookmarked them>
>
> Are you constantly rebasing? If so, why?
>
> I presume that this is your normal behavior, and it's just that Dave
> has never tried to correct that workflow. I've written about a million
> emails about proper git flow, so I'm only exposed to this directly now
> that Dave is on vacation. I notice that the whole "commits generated
> just before pull request" seems to have been true for the last pull
> request too (tip of your tree: Wed Aug 5 14:26:50 2015, email asking
> me to pull: Wed,  5 Aug 2015 16:42:21).
>
> Maybe these commits had testing somewhere else. It's definitely not
> obvious from the pull requests and the git history, though.

I always rebase my pull requests against Dave's drm-fixes tree before
I send a pull request.  Since he's out of town I rebased against your
tree.  I didn't realize that was not the preferred model.  I thought
it was preferred to fix up any possible conflicts that may arise from
other changes in the subsystem tree (although are pretty unlikely).

Alex