vmwgfx GL3 and other -next (4.3) pathches

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 07:39:08 PDT 2015

On 21/08/15 13:42, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> Hi, Emil
>
> On 08/21/2015 02:31 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,

>>> OK, so the mesa code has now been published here:
>>>
>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~thomash/mesa/log/?h=svga-gl3-merge
>>>
>>> While it's in principle ready for merging, it lacks some final reviewing
>>> and testing but otherwise should work fine.
>>>
>> I cannot see the series ever making it to the (mesa-dev) mailing list.
>> Did it got stuck due to its size or you forgot to send it over ?
>> Mildly related - the mesa 11.0 branchpoint is just a few hours away,
>> so it seems that this work will miss it :(
>
> The reason is basically because I want to get a final internal review
> and go-ahead.
Ack. What are the chances of gradually adding (stubbing) and using the
functionality rather than the current "add file X, but don't build
and/or use it" approach ?

> Unfortunately I wasn't aware that the mesa 11.0
> branchpoint was immediately upcoming.
It was mentioned on the mailing list (search for "release schedule")
with a few reminders, plus a note in the #dri-devel IRC channel topic.

If you can think of a way to make the process/timeline more obvious/well
known, please let me know.

> I guess there's not much we can do
> about it at this point? Even if I post the patches now we can't just
> expect them to be reviewed within a couple of hours...

Unfortunately it seems like it. Guess I should have checked earlier.

Cheers
Emil