about mmap dma-buf and sync

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Fri Aug 21 16:06:57 PDT 2015

Hi back!

On 08/20/2015 03:48 AM, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> Hi, Tiago!

Something that the Chrome OS folks told me today is whether we could
change the sync API to use a syscall for that instead. Reason for that
is to eventually fit this in nicely in their sandbox architecture
requirements, so yet another ioctl wouldn't need to be white-listed for
the unpriviledged process.

How does that change the game, for example regarding the details we been
talking here about make the sync mandatory? Can we reuse, say msync(2)
for that for example?

Best Regards,

Tiago