drm/exynos: add render node support

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:30:23 PDT 2015

On 31 August 2015 at 13:36, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> On 2015년 08월 31일 20:58, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On 18 August 2015 at 08:01, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
>>> From: Joonyoung Shim <jy0922.shim at samsung.com>
>>>
>>> This patch allows clients who want to use render node to access
>>> rendering relevant ioctls - g2d, post processor and gem allocation.
>>>
>> I seem to recall Dave and others saying that we must have users of
>> these interfaces prior to merging them into the kernel. Then again I
>> cannot find any open-source userspace using the post-processor. Can
>> anyone kingly share a link ?
>
> You can refer to the user-space below,
> https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/libdrm.git;a=commit;h=52de1c57e2e6f3b2a1259478d5ae260ed4c5706e

Nice one thanks !
Did those patch(es) ever made it to the list ? Mind giving them a tiny
bit of cleanup (move tests to exynos, drop duplication, C99
initializers) and sending them over ?

On a mildly related note:
The tizen people like excessive rebasing :( Another alternative would
be to send fixes upstream and keep their changes within ./packaging,
which will allow clean merges.

>> On the g2d front, can you guys take a look at the work Tobias has been
>> doing ? He seems to be the only one that cares about it :'(
>
> I'd like to say really sorry about that to you and Tobias. Will review
> it soon.

Great. Tobias sent a few more drm/exynos and libdrm (g2d utilities)
patches that've been around for a while :(

Perhaps he can re-spin then and/or send a list with outstanding ones ?

Cheers,
Emil