Direct userspace dma-buf mmap (v7)

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at intel.com
Tue Dec 22 13:36:43 PST 2015

Hey back,

Thank you Daniel, Chris, Alex and Thomas for reviewing the last series. I
think I addressed most of the comments now in version 7, including:
  - being even more wording in the doc about sync usage.
  - pass .write = false always in i915 end_cpu_access.
  - add sync invalid flags test (igt).
  - in kms_mmap_write_crc, use CPU hog and testing rounds to catch the sync
    problems (igt).

Here are the trees:

https://github.com/tiagovignatti/drm-intel/commits/drm-intel-nightly_dma-buf-mmap-v7
https://github.com/tiagovignatti/intel-gpu-tools/commits/dma-buf-mmap-v7

Also, Chrome OS side is in progress. This past week I've been mostly
struggling with fail attempts to build it (boots and goes to a black screen.
Sigh.) and also finding a way to make my funky BayTrail-T laptop with 32-bit
UEFI firmware boot up (success with Ubuntu but no success yet in CrOS). A WIP
of Chromium changes can be seen here anyways:

https://codereview.chromium.org/1262043002/

Happy Holidays!

Tiago

--