Whats missing in my new FB DRM driver... "No connectors reported connected with modes"?

Carlos Palminha CARLOS.PALMINHA at synopsys.com
Wed Dec 30 10:53:14 PST 2015

Hi guys,

I'm writing a DRM driver for a framebuffer embedded hardware that uses
an i2c encoder (adv7511), following the basic steps suggested by Laurent
in "anatomy of an embedded KMS driver":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8fM7rTae4

After initiliazing all kms, crtc, encoder, i2c, connector functions and
structures i'm calling drm_fbdev_cma_init to create a fbdev.

When booting i'm getting an error message saying "No connectors reported
connected with modes", but the driver init is ok and i can find the
/dev/dri/* and /dev/fb0 devices.

Any clue what i might be missing during the driver load?

Thanks...

Regards,
C.Palminha

--- boot log snippet ---
[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
drm-arcpgu e0017000.pgu: No connectors reported connected with modes
[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
drm-arcpgu e0017000.pgu: fb0:  frame buffer device
[drm] Initialized drm-arcpgu 1.0.0 20151127 on minor 0
--- boot log snippet ---