Can't gmake libdrm-2.4.59 on OmniOS

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 06:40:54 PST 2015

On 1 February 2015 at 01:03, CodeSwim OS Development
<os-dev at codeswim.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build libdrm and have an issue when I gmake after
> configuring.  Steps to reproduce:
>
> # uname -a
> SunOS omnios 5.11 omnios-10b9c79 i86pc i386 i86pc

Where can one get a copy of OmniOS ? Free of charge of course :-P
But more seriously

>From the massive log I can spot a few interesting things
 - _FILE_OFFSET_BITS redefinition.
Autotools correctly detects and sets it set to 64 (as you've got a
32bit system/build), yet further down the gcc headers, it's already
set to 32. This won't "break" the build but will likely cause problems
at runtime.

 - A ton of -Wparentheses warnings.
These should be safe - you might also want to silence them so that
serious issues are clearer.

 - And last but not leask the missing _IOC symbol.
Gentoo people have a patch on the topic [1] - might be nice to clean
it up and upstream it.

Cheers,
Emil

[1] http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/x11-libs/libdrm/files/libdrm-2.4.58-solaris.patch?view=markup