drm-next-4.1-wip: NI/Turks *ERROR* chosen encoder in use 4

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:22:32 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Dieter Nützel <Dieter at nuetzel-hh.de> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> I get this in dmesg:
>
> [   26.001926] [drm:radeon_atom_pick_dig_encoder [radeon]] *ERROR* chosen
> encoder in use 4
>
> What do you need?

The message is harmless I think.  It's just debugging output from the
DP MST patches.  I think what's happening is that when you change the
mode on an encoder that is already enabled, it see that the encoder is
already in use (by itself).  I think the fix would be to call
radeon_atom_release_dig_encoder() in the encoder prepare callback, but
I'm not sure if that will negatively affect MST or not.  Dave?

Alex