Softlockup on boot with Cape Verde XT on many kernels

Federico federicotg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:59:56 PST 2015

AFAIK this BIOS requires me to disable IGP to even use the discrete
graphics. At least that's the first thing I had to do when I first
installed the card and every time I wanted to change the monitor connection.
Here's how "disabled" it is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1386973/+attachment/4298792/+files/20150114_234953.png