R200 DRM/KMS

Steven John Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Fri Jul 10 03:18:40 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 23:44 +0100, Emil Velikov wrote:

> > I guess it doesn't really matter since patching out the code
> > "fixes"
> > it...
> As you wish. Personally I tend to give it a bit more before giving
> up.

I typically would, but it isn't my machine, and my priority is getting
the system up as that's what I promised to do!  Also, given there
doesn't really seem to be any point to the call to
drmSetInterfaceVersion(), as has been pointed out, simply removing it
doesn't hurt - although it admittedly irks me as to how/why it can be
failing.

> As this is getting a bit long/messy I'd suspect that a bugzilla entry
> with information/logs might be good. It's up-to you, as I won't be
> able to help much more.

Simply getting feedback has been helpful.  Yes, I should open a
bugzilla entry, I'll get to it after I have the system up and running.
 It's probably getting tough to maintain R200 support at this point,
particularly on ancient pre-millennial PCI only systems with buggy*
BIOSes! ;-)

* The BIOS option to disable the onboard video is present, and the help
test lists 3 options, Enabled - 512KB, Enabled - 1MB, Disabled.  Only
the first two options actually appear on the menu!  Even better, the
system only (re-)boots on the second attempt, first attempt always
hangs post-POST, before attempting to read from boot media!