[RFC 00/21] drm: fb emulation: Step 3: Remove FB_KMS_HELPER config from drivers

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Jul 13 08:37:26 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:30:34AM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 2:43 AM, Archit Taneja <architt at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> > With the top level DRM_FBDEV_EMULATION option, drivers don't need to
> > select DRM_FB_KMS_HELPER or other FB related config options in the
> > driver.
> >
> > Even if FBDEV_EMULATION isn't select, the stubbed out versions of
> > the drm_fb_helper functions will be called.
> >
> > There are some drivers which still need some FB stuff even after
> > these changes. They are qxl, udl and nouveau. These are handled a bit
> > differently compared to the other patches.
>
> Series is:
> Acked-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher at amd.com>

Archit for merging I think I'll just keep the current set of patches I
have for testing (well until there's a real bug discovered). Can you
please collect all the acks/r-bs/t-d when resending so I don't have to
digg them out when we merge the final versions of these?

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation