drm/edid: sound/core: pcm_drm_eld.c compilation error in 4.2

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jul 16 09:46:43 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 06:16:58PM +0200, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> The file sound/core/pcm_drm_eld.c which was added by the commit
>
> 	838d1631b766529213684f07dd71cdf2e92f0623
> 	ALSA: pcm: add DRM ELD helper
>
> lacks the function drm_eld_sad() which was defined by Russell's patch
>
> 	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/411574
> 	drm/edid: add function to help find SADs
>
> This patch has not been applied.

Grr, that's the danger of trying to split changes which cross between
subsystems.  I hate todays fragmented nature of kernel development,
it's really a nightmare.

I'm not sure how this can be resolved now, I asked Dave Airlie to pull
the next set of patches which include the one adding the SAD helper;
he's probably already pulled that for -next, so to pull out just that
patch and try to get it merged into -rc is going to be far from nice,
and will probably introduce conflicts.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.