Etnaviv DRM driver userspace support?

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:13:13 PDT 2015

Hi

> I have tried to look through archives but couldn't find answer where I
> should look for userspace components (libdrm, mesa) for the etnaviv drm
> driver?

At the moment there is only a ddx for the 2D core, which works very well.
http://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/cgit/xf86-video-armada.git/ (branch: unstable-devel)

> At the moment I have kernel 4.1-rc6 running with these [1] imx-drm patches
> on riotBoard with custom lvds display, display is working fine, but only
> with SW rendering.
> dmesg shows that etnaviv-gpu has found GC320 and GC880 units.

The mesa/libdrm stuff is in active development but currently not in any
public git tree. I hope to see initial support for 3d to land in mesa/libdrm
at the end of this year.

greets
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc