Mesa support for Tegra 3

Gerhard de Clercq gerharddeclercq at outlook.com
Tue Mar 31 14:19:47 PDT 2015

Hi,

I think am trying to get DRI OpenGL ES 2 working on a Tegra 3 device.
Specifically, I want to be able to render GLES to the screen without having
to use X. I want to use up the whole screen, in other word, I do not need
any form of windows or a desktop environment. I have done a lot of reading
and have found that this process is supposedly called DRI. I have read that
a lot of work has been done on creating an open-source driver for the pre-K1
Tegras like the 3. As far as I understand a DRM driver is crucial for this
and the latest Linux kernel seems to include this driver. I have managed to
build the kernel with it and it seems to be running just fine on my board.
Furthermore I have managed to compile libDRM with 'experimental' Tegra
support. My problem now is that it does not appear as if though Mesa has a
driver for the Tegra, am I correct? I have found the
https://github.com/grate-driver/mesa fork that supposedly does but it is
rather old and does not seem to be maintained anymore. I have not tried
compiling it yet but from the commits it does not look as if though it ever
really worked properly. My question now is what do I now, give up? Also,
what is the purpose of all the DRI components except Mesa being ported to
the Tegra, does that help in any way?

Regards,

Gerhard de Clercq