Radeon Verde displayport failure.

Dave Jones davej at codemonkey.org.uk
Fri May 15 05:44:59 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 06:16:59PM +0900, Michel Dänzer wrote:
 > On 15.05.2015 12:52, Dave Jones wrote:
 > >
 > > The only remaining problem is there are some visible glitches, mostly noticable
 > > while scrolling a terminal.
 >
 > What kind of glitches? If it's tearing, with current xf86-video-ati Git
 > you can try Option "TearFree".

Hard to describe, just sort of.. bursts of coloured sparkle noise in
random positions.
They don't remain part of the image permanently, and only appear for a
split second. They are pretty constant when scrolling though.

I'll see if I can get video of it when I'm in front of it again on Monday.

One other bug I noticed: Once it goes into DPMS, I can't wake it up again
and need to reboot. Likewise if I power off the monitor and back on,
it goes into power saving again.

	Dave