[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Mon Nov 2 18:11:03 PST 2015

Hi Dave,

2015년 11월 03일 08:10에 Dave Airlie 이(가) 쓴 글:
> On 28 October 2015 at 22:37, Inki Dae <inki.dae at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> 2015년 10월 28일 20:52에 Daniel Stone 이(가) 쓴 글:
>>> Hi Inki,

>>> Thanks very much for the pointer. I managed to find the exynos Xorg
>>> driver in use, but unfortunately the only tbm backend I could find is
>>> labelled for exynos4412. Is this backend also usable on 5xxx/XU3, or
>>> is that backend really only for Trats2, and the 5xxx backend is
>>> private?
>>
>> Prefix name may be strange but below libtbm backend is used for Trats2 and Odoid-XU3/4.
>> Actually, changing the backend name to 'exynos' instead of 'exynosxxxx' would be more reasonable.
>>         https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/adaptation/samsung_exynos/libtbm-exynos4412.git;a=summary
>>

>>> Anyway, regardless of that, as far as I can tell, the Xorg driver uses
>>> TBM to do buffer mapping, and the TBM backend uses DUMB_MAP rather
>>> than the new call here. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>> You are right. I found that the patch applied to the backend exists in local branch.
>> I thought the patch exists already in tizen.org because we had already test.
>> Anyway, the patch will be merged soon.
>>

>>> (In any case, having separate-from-Tizen userspace graphics stack
>>> repositories would be very welcome, I think: there are a huge number
>>> of repositories for Tizen - something like six copies of libtbm alone
>>> - and it is unclear how to build them on a generic userspace / if they
>>> will actually build at all / if they will run on mainline kernels.
>>> Having a separate tree will make it very clear to people how to get
>>> things working on top of a mainline/staged-for-next kernel.)
>>
>> One libtbm is common library used by Tizen platform, which has Tizen standard API and
>> the interfaces of the libtbm will never changed. Others are all backend libraries.
>> In fact, Tizen supports various boards based on various SoC such as snapdragon, allwinner,
>> spreadtrum and Exynos. Among them, only Exynos will run on mainline kernels as of now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Inki Dae
>>

> Daniel,
>
> Is there still an issue here,
>
> Inki can you send me a pull request without the problematic patch so
> we can at least merge
> all the other works you've lined up. We can add this on top once
> people are happy.

Ok, I will request pull again excepting the patch and rebasing on top of drm-next.

The patch, Exynos specific MAP, hasn't been merged yet to libtbm backend even through already tested.
So I think it seems reasonable for us to wait for the merged real user, which would be Daniel's answer.

Thanks,
Inki Dae