[RFC v3 0/7] MT8173 DRM support

Daniel Kurtz djkurtz at chromium.org
Thu Oct 1 01:55:36 PDT 2015

Hi Philipp,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Philipp Zabel <p.zabel at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is an update to the MT8173 DRM support RFC. These patches have
> a build dependency on two other patches on top of v4.3-rc1:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6914941 ("iommu: Implement common IOMMU
> ops for DMA mapping"), and
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6928621 ("memory: mediatek: Add SMI driver").
>
> I have changed the device tree bindings to group the display function blocks
> under a display-subsystem node. I'm not happy with this organisation as the
> display-subsystem node is not really a physical bus. I'd much prefer connecting
> the function blocks with an of-graph, if it is acceptable for just the graph
> to cost >8 KiB dtb size.
>
> The added HDMI driver still directly accesses an undocumented register in the
> apmixedsys (clock-controller) register space to set a divider of the TVDPLL.
> That will be fixed as soon as I understand what this clock is connected to.
>
> Changes since v2:
>  - Grouped DISP function block nodes under the display-subsystem node
>  - Added of-graph ports to binding documentation
>  - Dropped legacy framebuffer support
>  - Dropped plane zpos property
>  - Update plane->disp_size in atomic_update instead of atomic_check
>  - Added asynchronous commit support
>  - Split DSI and MIPI TX (MIPI D-PHY) drivers
>  - Added DPI driver
>  - Added HDMI driver
>  - Added HDMI DDC I2C master driver
>  - Added HDMI PHY driver
>
> CK Hu (3):
>   dt-bindings: drm/mediatek: Add Mediatek display subsystem dts binding
>   drm/mediatek: Add DRM Driver for Mediatek SoC MT8173.
>   drm/mediatek: Add DSI sub driver
>
> Daniel Kurtz (1):
>   drm/mediatek: Add HDMI support

Thanks for the shout-out, but I really can't take any credit for this patch :-)
Somewhere along the life of this patch its ownership changed.
It should probably be Jie Qiu as per its SOB.

> Jie Qiu (2):
>   drm/mediatek: Add DPI sub driver
>   drm/mediatek: enable hdmi output control bit
>
> Philipp Zabel (1):
>   dt-bindings: drm/mediatek: Add Mediatek HDMI dts binding

Can you also include the actual mt8173.dtsi (& mt8173-evb.dts) changes
that use this binding next time?
This will make it possible to actually build and test the driver.

Thanks,
-Dan