5K iMac retina multi stream display port

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 03:06:33 PDT 2015

On 4 October 2015 at 21:36, Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Didn't seem to have any effect. Is this a correct boot env:
>>> [
>>> root at iMacLinux tuna]# cat /proc/cmdline
>>> BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.2.1-300.fc23.x86_64
>>> root=UUID=e3e65337-b654-495f-b7c1-0212e1fd0797 ro rhgb quiet
>>> LANG=en_US.UTF-8 radeon.mst=1

>> Sorry for replying again, but you wrote some stuff in February*, did
>> you test with an iMac or some other 5K screen then?
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.dri.devel/124345
>>
>> Best regards
>> Andreas

No I never tested anything on an imac 5K.

Can you boot with drm.debug=6 radeon.mst=1 and post the
dmesg logfile?

I'm not sure if the 5K mode on these would need to be reverse engineered
there is definitely some trickery involved.

Dave.