kernel NULL pointer dereference, IP: rs600_pm_prepare - huh?

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Tue Oct 6 06:12:52 PDT 2015

Hi,
> Looks like she installed some tool that attempts to change the power
> state via sysfs during init which could happen before the driver has
> finished loading.
that was probably me, installing the "tlp" thinkpad tool remotely.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction: disabling solved it for now.
> The attached kernel patch should fix it.
Unfortunately wasn't able to test because she had bandwidth bottlenecks
and I had next to no time to fix it.. Might be able to test it on my
thinkpad in a while.

#Best Regards!Marcel