Suspend/Resume problems with radeon driver

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Fri Oct 9 08:28:53 PDT 2015

Hi Alex, Christian,

I recently tested v4.3-rc4 on one of my AMD IOMMU boxes with a radeon
GPU in it:

mars:~ # lspci -k -s 08:00.0
08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Juniper XT [Radeon HD 5770]
	Subsystem: PC Partner Limited / Sapphire Technology Device 1482
	Kernel driver in use: radeon
	Kernel modules: radeon

When the box is suspended-to-disk, I get a lot of IO_PAGE_FAULTs from
the IOMMU on dma-addresses that either the IOMMU driver would never
return (<4k and >4G) or that were not returned by the driver (I did some
tracing to verify that). This does _not_ happen on suspend-to-mem.

Any ideas what might causing this? Let me know if you need more
information.

	Joerg