HDMI codec, way forward?

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Fri Oct 16 05:31:43 PDT 2015

On 10/16/2015 01:50 PM, Jyri Sarha wrote:
> After reading the ELCE Audio mini conf minutes [1] I gather that HDMI
> audio was not discussed after all.

It was discussed, but rather shortly and only in the context of the HDA.
(Adding Vinod to Cc, who presented yet another approach to the problem last
week)

> My conclusion from the Lars-Peter's latest mail [2] related to the
> subject is that the wind is currently blowing slightly in favour of my
> version of the hdmi codec [3], or at least not in favour of Arnaud's
> version [4].
>
> So how should we proceed? Are we still waiting for some feedback from
> DRM/video side?

What needs to happen is that everybody who is working on HDMI audio support
should get their heads together and come up with a common solution that
works for everybody, rather than having everybody trying to push their own
solution and put the maintainer in the spotlight of having to choose one
(Mark has been asking for this for the past half year or so).

- Lars