HDMI codec, way forward?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Oct 19 06:31:26 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 04:10:32PM +0300, Jyri Sarha wrote:
> On 10/16/15 16:51, Arnaud Pouliquen wrote:
> >- For IEC standard controls (could be added in core/pcm_iec958.c)
> >

> Oh, I did not even realize that there are predefined special kcontrols for
> handling the status bits. Adding those sounds like right thing to do.

And this is an example of stuff done properly: it's a library that
drivers can opt into using if they so desire.  It can be used with
ALSA drivers, and it can be used with ASoC drivers too.  Or, if a
driver wants to do something more complex, it can opt not to use it
at all, but make use of everything else.  It can pick-and-choose. :)

according to speedtest.net.