i.MX IPU2 video out

Akshay Bhat akshay.bhat at timesys.com
Mon Oct 19 12:56:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

We are trying to use IPU2 DI0 for LVDS and IPU1 DI0 for HDMI on a iMX6Q
based board. Below is the ldb entry in device tree and with these settings
the LVDS is still being mapped to IPU1. Is there something
missing/incorrect in the dts entry? The board is running 4.3-rc5 kernel.

&ldb {
assigned-clocks = <&clks IMX6QDL_CLK_LDB_DI0_SEL>,
 <&clks IMX6QDL_CLK_LDB_DI1_SEL>;
assigned-clock-parents = <&clks IMX6QDL_CLK_PLL3_USB_OTG>,
<&clks IMX6QDL_CLK_PLL3_USB_OTG>;
fsl,dual-channel;
status = "okay";

lvds0: lvds-channel at 0 {
fsl,data-mapping = "spwg";
fsl,data-width = <24>;
status = "okay";
display-timings {
native-mode = <&timing0>;
timing0: stdp4028 {
clock-frequency = <137143857>;
hactive = <1920>;
vactive = <1080>;
hback-porch = <100>;
hfront-porch = <40>;
vback-porch = <30>;
vfront-porch = <3>;
hsync-len = <10>;
vsync-len = <2>;
};
};
port at 2 {
reg = <2>;
lvds0_in: endpoint {
remote-endpoint = <&ipu2_di0_lvds0>;
};
};
};
};

I have also tried 2 other settings with the same result:
&ldb {
port {
lvds0_in: endpoint {
remote-endpoint = <&ipu2_di0_lvds0>;
};
};
};

and also:
&ldb {
port {
lvds0_in: endpoint {
remote-endpoint = <&ipu2_di0_disp0>;
};
};
};

&ipu2_di0_disp0 {
remote-endpoint = <&lvds0_in>;
};

If i dump the clock tree, the use count for ipu2_diX interface show ipu2 is
not being used.
clock                    parent                   use      rate
ipu1_di0                 clk                       1  148500000
ipu1_di1                 clk                       1  137142857
ipu2_di0                 clk                       0   49500000
ipu2_di1                 clk                       0   49500000

Thanks,
Akshay