imx IPU2 video out

Akshay Bhat akshay.bhat at timesys.com
Wed Oct 21 11:41:17 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 02:03 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Akshay Bhat <akshay.bhat at timesys.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently on our setup since LVDS and HDMI use the same IPU, there are clock
>> conflicts at 1080p when setting DI frequency resulting in HDMI display not
>> showing anything, hence the need to use the 2nd IPU.
>
> Maybe LVDS and HDMI are trying to use the same clock source.
>
> Take a look at how we solved this for mx6dl-sabresd:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi?id=d28be499c45e6e16d7a042ce280eb872dc06952b
>
> Regards,
>
> Fabio Estevam

Fabio, I did pull in that patch; however our pixel clock frequency is
greater than 68.57 MHz so it did not work. When I assigned LVDS to IPU2
(by forcing it in the dtsi file); then I was able to get 1080p
resolution on both displays. If it helps I can send a clock dump of the
working case (2 different IPU's) and not working case (single IPU) with
your patch applied.

We do have another board which has 65MHz pixel clock and your patch
helped us get simultaneous LVDS and HDMI output on it :)

Thanks,
Akshay