create framebuffer device layer overlay

Alex Vazquez avazquez.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:59:58 PDT 2015

Hi,all!

I'm using atmel-hlcdc driver to control a LCD panel and an application uses
the /dev/fb0 framebuffer created by the driver. The display works fine
except that the panel's standard orientation is landscape mode (480x275)
and I need to use it in portrait mode (275x480).

I know that the driver allow rotation but is only for the overlays layers,
and not the baselayer.

I have tested with modetest and i can do what i want.

I want to know if is posible create a device framebuffer from overlay layer
use libdrm (e.g. /dev/fb1).

Thanks!