similar files amd vs radeon

Peter Senna Tschudin peter.senna at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 08:08:41 PDT 2015

I executed a clone detection tool* on drivers source code and I found
that there are similar files between drivers/gpu/drm/amd/ and
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon, but also inside each of theses folders.

Some examples:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/dce_v11_0.c,drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/dce_v10_0.c
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/ci_dpm.c,drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/ci_dpm.c
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/kv_dpm.c,drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/kv_dpm.c

I use meld for seeing the differences and similarities. More results
from the tool at: http://pastebin.com/iX3fhifG (The number on the
first field is the number of probable cloned lines of code).

Should these files be consolidated? And if so how?

Thank you,

Peter

* https://github.com/petersenna/ccfinderx-core

--