[git pull] drm for 4.3

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Sep 7 21:04:09 PDT 2015

Hi Dave,

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:01:21 +1000 Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this to be a regular thing? because I know I'd prefer to merge
> fixes than wait for -rc1 to be an accurate copy of linux-next.

It happens when I can (almost) keep up with Linus' merge rate (often I
can't).  It is not an issue and I agree that fixes should just be done
as/when needed.  That is why I say "not judging, just noting" - I
generally don't have the time to figure out if each and every unseen
commit is a fix or new feature and/or if it has some possibility of
interacting with some other tree in a way that a few days in linux-next
may have flushed out.

So, if you are happy with what you are doing (and you don't irritate
Linus), then I am happy (as long as you don't cause unnecessary extra
conflicts in linux-next :-)).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au