block device backed by DRM buffer object

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Mon Sep 21 06:05:31 PDT 2015

In general a rather interesting idea and actually shouldn't be to hard
to implement.

The crux is that allocating memory is device driver dependent, so there
isn't a general purpose API for doing so.

Additional to that the CPU invisible VRAM is only accessible by the GPU
so you at least need to be able to submit DMA commands to copy the data
back and forth.

For an experiment I suggest you do this with Radeon first and if that
works generalize from there.

Regards,
Christian.