omap4: how to get the HDMI core IRQ?

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Fri Apr 1 07:03:21 UTC 2016

On 01/04/16 03:46, Hans Verkuil wrote:

>> Apparently we set it always to 0 in
>> hdmi4_core.c:hdmi_core_powerdown_disable(), but never enable it. I guess
>> it only affects core irqs, so there have been no side effects.
>>
>> But it would make sense to either have a matching call in the enable
>> path, or then just set it to 0 when initializing the IP.
>
> I think it should be set in hdmi_core_video_config(). It sets other
> SYS_CTRL1 bits there as
> well, and that is probably why I missed it. I just never realized that
> the PD bit wasn't set
> there.

Hmm. Well, it's "power-down". It's quite unclear what it actually does,
but from the name of it, I think it makes sense to set it only when HDMI
core is enabled.

In hdmi4.c, there are hdmi_power_on_core() and hdmi_power_off_core()
functions, those might be good places to handle the bit.

Ehh... Actually, looking at the code more carefully...

hdmi_core_powerdown_disable() is called from hdmi4_configure() when
setting everything up, and there's a comment "power down off". So
apparently the intention of the code is to disable power-down mode, but
it sets the bit to a wrong state.

So probably we could just fix hdmi_core_powerdown_disable(), so that it
sets PD to 1, which is what it was meant to do. This assumes that there
are no bad side effects having PD 1 even if the HDMI is blanked, which
is something we need to verify. I can do a few tests with that.

 Tomi