drm/amdgpu: start using graphics object ids from DAL.

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Thu Apr 14 08:25:43 UTC 2016

Am 14.04.2016 um 04:56 schrieb Dave Airlie:
> DAL has a concept of storing the graphics object ids in a special
> small struct, and adding type safety to them.
>
> I'm starting to contemplate bringing some pieces of DAL into the
> mainline modesetting code (like the bios parser for a start),
> and I think this is the best first step in that direction.
>
> This series converts connectors, encoders and crtcs id to the
> DAL objects. I haven't done PLLs yet they are a bit messier and
> I probably need to think about them a bit more.
>
> Also DAL doesn't support any of the DVO/external encoders, I've no idea
> if they even exist on DCE8 or newer GPUs, so I've done a separate
> patch to drop them.

I'm not so deep into the display engine stuff or DAL, but this looks
like a good start to me to better integrate some of the DAL code into
the existing code base.

So the patches are Acked-by: Christian König <christian.koenig at amd.com>.

I will ask around about the DVO stuff. Let me know if you need anything
else while Alex is still asleep.

Regards,
Christian.