RFC: libdrm: Support Iris Graphics 540 & 550 (Skylake GT3e)

Thorsten Leemhuis linux at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 27 07:37:07 UTC 2016

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote on 26.04.2016 13:41:
> Lo! Below patch adds the PCI-ID for the Intel(R) Iris Graphics 550 (Skylake
> GT3e mobile) to libdrm. It afaics is the last piece that is missing to
> make those GPUs work properly, as Linux 4.6-rc(¹) and Mesa 11.2 already
> support it – but without this patch I get a "error initializing buffer
> manager" message from i965 when it tries to load. I tested it on a
> laptop with a Core i5-6267U and it seems to work -- but I only did a
> few quick tests so far.

Forget that patch -- a way better one was submitted weeks ago my Michal
already:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2016-February/087819.html

Did that patch simply fall through the cracks or is there a reason why
it wasn't applied to libdrm master? It is pretty obvious it would fix
the problem I saw and tried to address with that rough patch I send
yesterday.

CU, knurd

P.S.: Added intel-gfx and michal.winiarski to CC