rst htmldocs on kernel.org

Lukas Wunner lukas at wunner.de
Tue Aug 16 08:24:56 UTC 2016

Hi Jonathan,

[+cc Konstantin]

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 04:21:15PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 21:13:29 +0200 Lukas Wunner <lukas at wunner.de> wrote:
> > not sure if this is already on your radar or if you're at all the
> > right person to contact, but I just noticed that the gpu htmldocs
> > are gone from https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/gpu/
> >
> > Actually all the rst-formatted docs are missing. It would be great
> > if they could be reinstated so as to fix all the now dangling
> > hyperlinks out there...
>
> I agree it would be good to get the new docs there.  Doing so in a way
> that avoids breaking links could prove hard, though.
>
> I've (finally) sent off a note to Konstantin to see what can be done.

It occured to me only after sending you the above e-mail that
I should rather have e-mailed webmaster at kernel.org, apologies
for bothering you with this.

As for broken links, it's probably sufficient to just make sure that
the above-quoted top level URL is functioning. This may be as simple
as an "apt-get install python-sphinx python-sphinx-rtd-theme" on the
machine generating the docs, assuming it's Debian, and/or copying
the results to the appropriate htdocs folder.

Thanks,

Lukas