drm/bridge: dw_hdmi: Colorspace registers

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 11:21:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:33:10AM +0100, Jose Abreu wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> When using driver dw-hdmi in any other colorspace than RGB the
> Y1, Y0 and YCC values are not correct. I confirmed in databook
> that these registers are being written to the wrong offset (per
> my databook they should be written in bits 0:1 and 7 instead of
> bits 4:5). The piece of code in question is this:
>
>     val = (frame.colorspace & 3) << 4 | (frame.scan_mode & 0x3);
>
> So colorspace is being written to bits 4 and 5 instead of bits 0,
> 1 and 7.

You're half-right.  The above should be:

	val = (frame.colorspace & 3) | (frame.scan_mode & 3) << 4;

I'm not sure why you're saying about bit 7 - this is labelled in the
iMX6 manuals as "FC_AVICONF0_MISC" and "Frame composer AVI packet
configuration bit" which is not a very useful description.  So I'm
not sure that bit 7 is part of the colorspace configuration.

Unfortunately, all I have to go on is what's reproduced in the iMX6
TRMs as I have no access to the Synopsis databooks.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.